I recently decided that I wanted a minimal desktop that used widgets that felt like part of the background. I'm a huge Daft Punk fan, so I was elated when I found a minimalist wallpaper based on the Get Lucky album art. Here's what you'll need to replicate this setup:
- The icon organization tool Fences. My icon groups are set to 60% opacity and are nameless.
- The "Unlucky" wallpaper from Simple Desktops
- The Rainmeter system monitoring tool for Windows
- The Enigma Suite Rainmeter skins for the RSS reader, weather, network graph, and processes widgets. I used the Enigma Dark stylesheet and shadow opacity set to 1.
- The Elegance 2 skins for the clock and date
- The Small Spotify With AlbumArt skin for the music player. This skin requires Spotify to scrobble to Last.fm and a Last.fm API account. Check the comments on the DeviantArt page for more details.
- The Rainmeter Steam Pack skin for the Steam headlines. I used the illustro-style 8 item version.